As a pork producer in the state of Colorado, why should you become a member of the Colorado Pork Producers Council?
- CPPC is the state pork organization designated to manage the pork checkoff funds returned to Colorado to promote pork and pork products, and ultimately increase the demand for the versatile product you produce.
- Your checkoff funds promote pork as part of a healthy well balanced diet.
- Checkoff funds returned to Colorado from the sale of your pigs are not only use for pork promotion, but also for education and research. CPPC allocates these checkoff funds to numerous projects to promote, and educate the public and future leaders about the pork industry
- CPPC supports many youth functions including the Colorado Junior Swine Association, swine exhibitors at numerous county and state fairs in Colorado, and hosts or sponsors educational events for youth to learn more about the pork industry.
- CPPC is at the table at important state agricultural meetings to represent your best interests on important legislative and regulatory issues.
- Your support of the CPPC helps us to develop leaders that can represent our state at both National Pork Board meetings and the National Pork Producers Council.
- Colorado Pork Producers are active in our Colorado community to show that pork producers, like all farmers care about the environment, animal care & well-being, community, food safety & health.